Corresponding with your customer base is becoming more and more commonplace – and that couldn’t be more true for car dealerships. According to a recent study, 97% of Americans text at least once a day and the number of monthly text messages sent has increased more than 7,700% over the last decade (Pew Internet). It takes the average person 90 minutes to respond to email, but only 90 seconds to respond by text message (CTIA). This shows that texting and sms messaging speeds up the sales process exponentially. Another study shows that 80% of people are currently texting for business (eWeek). Furthermore, customers prefer texting over phone calls 2 to 1 (Pew Research Center). This means if you aren’t texting, you could be missing out on a large share of the market for your dealership!
Our market research indicates that many salespeople in dealerships using Traffic Control already use their personal cell phones to send and receive text messages to prospects, but when using Traffic Control’s integrated text messaging feature, dealers can see how many advantages this brings to their business and sales processes:
- If a salesperson quits or is terminated, control over the communication remains with the dealership. Ups can be reassigned to a new salesperson, who can pick up where the last one left off. Traffic Control helps YOU stay in control!
- Managers have full visibility of text messages both sent and received using Traffic Control and can step in at any time.
- Customizable “quick text” messages allow frequently-used verbiage to be entered with two mouse clicks, making it easier to send messages and giving management control over what is said in messages.
- Traffic Control’s approach conforms to legal telemarketing requirements and automatically responds to opt-out commands such as “STOP” and “START.” Messages sent from a personal cell phone for solicitation purposes could put your dealership at risk!
- Traffic Control’s text messaging includes spell check capabilities, and does away with those dreaded “autocorrect errors” that can make your dealership appear unprofessional.
- Employees can send web links to vehicles in your inventory with a single mouse click – recipients will be redirected to your dealership’s web page and can browse from anywhere on their smart device.
- Employees can set an appointment, open the customer’s UP record, view the inventory record for the customer’s desired vehicle, or move the customer into a new vehicle, right from the text messaging screen. All of the information they need to arrange a test drive and make the appointment is right where they need it – it really couldn’t be easier!
Don’t miss out on another deal – Traffic Control’s affordable texting solution makes it easy for customers, sales staff, managers, and managers – all while staying compliant and within privacy laws. When you pair our text messaging service with the Traffic Control Mobile App, you are unleashing a powerful sales tool for your staff to correspond with their leads from anywhere at any time. THAT is a powerful feature!
To set up a live demo of our text messaging feature or to request pricing details, call our sales department at 1-888-992-4588!